We’ve been looking for you!
We are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer who wants to make an impact. We’re a fashion company but you won’t have to wear the latest Karl Lagerfeld. A hoodie or your favorite Docker shirt will do just fine. You don’t even need to like fashion at all, but a certain admiration for Ken Thompson, Rob Pike or Martin Fowler is always appreciated. You don’t speak German? No big deal, we use English as our main language.
Our Tech Stack
- Website backend: Java – yes we love the JVM. We run everything on Amazon Web Services.
- We are currently breaking our monolith. Want to get your hands dirty on microservices? This is the place.
- Frontend: Call us minimalists, but we love straight JS, SASS and handlebars
- We use Docker to deploy everything, and among others Hystrix, New Relic, Proctor, Datadog…
- Enjoy what you do, and be willing to teach and learn new technologies.
- Help us building and monitor our highly scalable architecture to support Stylight’s growth. We take pride in building a highly performant and failure resistant platform with a small team.
- Foster technical excellence in the team. We are big on unit testing, integration testing and code reviews.
- Bring your best practices, challenge the status quo and set things in motion.
- You’ve often found yourself writing Java, Scala or C# until late at night because it felt good. You like the JVM and the JVM likes you.
- You have a “You build it, you run it”-mentality. AWS, Docker and other DevOps technologies are a plus!
- You can recompile your Linux kernel blindfolded. J/k. But it still would be nice if you can grep logs and script your way out of repetitiveness (be it in Python, Ruby, or else).
- You don’t test in production like Chuck Norris. You have experience in Agile environments. And not only in Counter Strike. We have 2 full-time Agile coaches who will help you become a super-productive-human-being.
- You have appreciation for working in a diverse and interdisciplinary environment.
- The website team is currently composed of 3 engineers who are writing code to delight millions of users.
- We do 2 weeks sprints, visualize our tasks on analog boards, and do pair-programming.
- We <3 Slack. We have our own bot and have integrated our toolchain (CircleCI, Datadog, Pingdom…)
Why Join Stylight?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 400 attendees.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up: You’ll do your first deploy to production during your first week.
- We’ll give you a personal development budget, to go to conferences, buy books and grow with us.
- International and diverse workplace: 44% non-German and 65% female.
- We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany)
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest biergarten.
- For more information check out: http://tech.stylight.com/
Looking good? Send us your resume and we might invite you for coffee: email@example.com